is the capital of Valdés County, more well known as “Villa Blanca de la Costa Verde” (White Village of the Green Coast).
Situated at the mouth of EL RIO NEGRO and flanked by the fishing neighborhoods of de "El Cambaral" y "La Pescaderia".
It is one of the most important fishing ports in western Asturias. Int the XIII century, Alfonso X awarded it the title of village.
What to see in Luarca:
- Bureau of sailors and merchants
- Cemetery, where the remains of the Nobel Prize winner, Severo Ochoa and his wife lay.
- Chapel of “La Blanca y Nazareno”
- Properties of Indians, in Villar. They are mansions that were built in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, with the return of the Indians, mostly from Argentina and Cuba.
- Viewpoints of Chano and Funiar.
- Church of St. Eulalia.
- The neighborhoods of Cambaral, la Pescadería, La carril
- Bridge of the kiss, with its legend.
- The return of fishing boats, and then the auction at the fish market.
- Museum of the Giant Squid. CEPESMA.
- Museum of Severo Ochoa.
- Palace of Marqués de Ferrera.